Thursday, November 11, 2004

La Giberne With Kim

Huge drama as I was about to leave on this last Paris trip: the jusry had been deliberating for several days on the Scott Peterson trial and all of a sudden all players were present in the courtroom. I had to get to the airport but I also had to find out what was happening. Finally, just when I had to leave for the airport, it was announced that there had been a replacement of a juror. Whew--I could go to work in peace. I signed up for Court TV's Verdict Alert so that once the verdict is reached I will know instantly. I've followed this case throughout and I have to know the ending. Personally, I think that he is probably guilty but I will be shocked if there's enough evidence to convict him.

Arrived in Paris to find that it was really cold and so Kim and I opted to hang out in each others rooms rather than head staright out. After my nap, I spoke to Jer in Prague. he was about to head back to Frankfurt on the evening train and told me of the wonderful steak dinner he'd just had with Dave and Melissa. Suddenly the simple brasserie dinner that Kim and I had planned sounded dull and I knew I had to have a more substantial meal. We ate at La Giberne, a traditional French restaurant on the avenue de Suffren. What a great meal!! I had a cabecou salad (goat cheese in puff pastry) then a deer dish--braised in red wine. Delicious. Will definitely go back there ... often.

I treated Kim to dinner so she bought the post-dinner wine. We went back to my room where Andre joined us for a while. Listened to loads of music on the iPod and then realised that it was getting late ... at 3 am! A quick shower, packed my suitcase and then slept. The entire crew were miffed to find out that our wake-up call had been moved forward 30 mins. It seemed to put us all off all day long today. Valesta was saved by her clip-on hairpiece and Myrna and I were laughing at how out of sync we were.

Chatted briefly with The Jeremy (who was already in bed in Frankfurt) when I got home tonight. He is driving with Botti to the gig tomorrow so I'm sure he'll get all the scoop on Chris' escapades in NYC last night. Now I have to try to get a good night's sleep before I head off to NYC myself in the morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home